Search for a journal article on your topic in the library’s subscription database Education Journals.
1) Go to the library home page at http://shclibrary.shc.edu/.
2) Choose Journals, Full-text, Indexes - By Subject - Education - Education Journals (ProQuest).
3) Basic Search.
4) Can use Topic Guide to find language used by this index, narrow your search, find interesting aspects of your topic.
5) Limit to Full text documents and Scholarly journals.
6) When you find a great article, find more great ones by clicking “Find more documents like these.”
1) Go to the library home page at http://shclibrary.shc.edu/-- SHC Catalog
2) Using a Library of Congress Subject Heading from below, search for a book on your topic in the online catalog
3) After looking at Details, click on Keep, Kept, Print or Email
Education Aims and objectives
Educational tests and measurements
Learning, Psychology of
Public schools United States
Teachers Rating of
Teacher Education Library
Locate Alabama Courses of Study, K-12 textbooks, activity/methods, professional,
and children’s literature.
Reference area for subject encyclopedias such as Encyclopedia of Education
LB15 .E47 2003 VOL.1-8
to stacks to find your book and browse LC call
number areas below, and
to current periodicals in education.
LB Theory and practice of education
1051 -1060 Educational psychology
1500-1700 Curriculum by educational level
1705-1785 Professional aspects of teaching (attitudes, accountability, ethics)
2801-3095 School administration and
(educational change, school improvement, standards, assessment, classroom management)
LC Special aspects of education
65-245 Social aspects (economics, demographics, politics, equalization )
1099-1203 Multicultural and inclusive education
3950-4806 Special education